When I started NYKB Kitchen & Bath, I wanted to disrupt the idea that the renovation process was nothing more than a construction job. We are remodeling people’s homes, after all, not just building generic warehouse space. Every homeowner has their own renovation goals, and I took it upon myself to ensure that they are met. I achieved this by assigning my clients their own Certified Remodeling Consultant (aka designer) who will serve as a guide throughout the entire renovation process. So why is it important to have a creative and experienced designer with you throughout the entire renovation process? I’ll give you a few reasons.
1. Designers will lay out your space efficiently and appropriately. Honestly, you would be shocked as to how a certified designer’s mind works. They can look at your home and really picture how things will fit. This will allow them to help you maximize your space, which is especially important in New York City.
2. You need someone with product knowledge. The product knowledge my designers at NYKBhave will go a long way towards getting you the design you want, while keeping it within your budget. They know the best Manhattan design showrooms to work with, have access to exclusive cabinet and countertop manufacturers, and they will guide you through the selection of all materials. They will also make suggestions that would have never crossed your mind,
3. Our Certified Designers are trained to listen, interpret, and guide you with material selections based on your needs, lifestyle, and budget. This is incredibly important, because sometimes the thing you want is not necessarily the best option for you. For example, a certain type of flooring that catches your eye might be a bad idea for someone who has pets or small children. You might also go over your budget on materials that can be swapped out for items that looks identical and serve the same purpose. In the end, I firmly believe that the final choice is up to my clients. But I want them to make an educated decision, which is why I think having a designer involved is so important.
4. A designer will communicate everything with the project manager. Project managers are great at managing crews and day-to-day renovations on the job site. Many also have a design background as well. But your designer is often much more experienced. And because they are there from beginning to end, they fully understand your wants and needs. This makes for a great liaison between you and your project manager with regards to design decisions.
5. Every project is unique, and having a designer who is just as invested as the customer will help ensure that the end result meets your design goals. My goal for each project at NYKB is to end up happy and satisfied client. Like I said, I fully understand that this is your home we are working on. That’s why I love having a designer on each project. They get to know you, the homeowner. They get to know your house. They get to understand what you really want. And this personal approach makes them extremely invested in the outcome of your design.
If you’d like to speak to one of our designers about your project, please give NYKB Kitchen & Bath a call at (212) 2424-3500, or click here to fill out our online form. We can then set up a no cost, no obligation consultation either in our showroom or in your home.