Green building is the practice of creating both residential and commercial structures using a process that is environmentally-friendly and resource-efficient. This process is used in all aspects of the building process, from the design all the way to the renovation.
Ways to be green in NYC:
- Recycle your paper, bottles & plastic products.
- Use reusable bags
- Save Water! Shut off all faucets & spouts when they aren’t being used.
- Start a Compost
- Ditch the plastic! Carry a reusable water bottle.
- Buy plants for your apartment or house! They are good for both the environment and healthy for YOU!
- Swap out your old light bulbs for CFL bulbs! Not only is it good for the environment, but it helps cut down your electric bill!
Reduce. Re-use. Recycle.